As a church and a community, Grace DC Downtown considers how to pray – both corporately and individually. Praying together as a church community helps us as we individually struggle with unbelief, forces us to be honest with God and one another, and changes our perspectives. We come to him humbly because we know our faith, our lives and the life of our community depend on Him. We pray because we have glimpsed the power of God at work in our lives and the lives of countless others, and we long to see God’s grace radically change our lives, our city and the world.
Corporate Prayer Opportunities Include:
- Weekly for the City: Tuesday mornings from 7:15-8:15am at the Church Office. Join with others from our community in praying for the needs of Washington, DC and for the ways we can extend God’s mercy to this place and its people. Contact Joe Kaufmann
Equipping for Prayer
- Want to learn more about how to pray? Look into our Course Offerings.
Can we pray for you?
- Email your prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org so that the Prayer Team can be praying for you. We want to respect your privacy, so please include “confidential” in the subject line if you’d like your request to be for the Elders only.
- Write your prayer request on the Keeping Connected sheet in the front of your bulletin and put it in the offering basket during the Sunday worship service. Follow the instructions on the sheet to indicate if your request is confidential or for the Prayer Team.
- Meet with a member of the diaconate at the front left of the sanctuary, immediately following the Sunday worship service to pray with them.